Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Nu-Relics Power Windows
American Auto Wire Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & Custom
Danchuk Catalog

Username Post: Alternator Pulley not aligned
Carl1962 
"9th Year" Silver Supporting Member
Carl1962
Loc: Bungendore Australia
Reg: 04-01-10
07-24-21 04:15 PM - Post#2823834    
    In response to PJ_STYLES_62chev

Attachment: DSCN2834.JPG (1.99 MB) 8 View(s)

• PJ_STYLES_62chev Said:
I have a 63 327 motor that I have a short water pump. I bolted on the correct water pump pulley. I bolted on the correct used intake manifolds (alternator bracket was already attached). I bolted on the curved alternator bracket that I think is correct that is totally flat and lines up perfectly with the back of alternator tab. I bolted on the alternator which I found used (has a double pulley on it which I know the pulley is not correct) but the water pump pulley lines up with the outer alternator Pulley instead of the inner one. Just wondering why it is lining up with the outer pulley instead of inner one?? Because I want to just use a single pulley on alternator.

Post photos dude! My 62 is an AC car with power steering so that's three belts with the alternator, but I wanted to put a smaller pulley on my AC Delco alternator (not the original, but similar) and had to get the right stand off pulley to fit. I went to an auto electrician and he gave me a box of about 100 pulley to sort through until I found the perfect fit. This photo was more about the cruise control brain, but you can see how the alternator belt fits on the fatter pulley. The top bracket fits pretty much flat with the front of the alternator.
Cheers, Carl.

1962 Anniversary Gold SS Impala Sports Coupe
Maintainer of 1962 Anniversary Gold Impala Register

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.147 seconds.   Total Queries: 14   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 01:41 PM