Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Nu-Relics Power Windows
American Auto Wire Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & Custom
Danchuk Catalog

Username Post: 1994 chevy 350/5.7L milky oil.
poolguy01 

Loc: Casa Grande,AZ
Reg: 03-30-16
05-25-21 09:52 AM - Post#2820534    

Hello everyone. Its been awhile since i posted here but i am back again to enjoy all the topics in this group. I have a question on my chevy truck as listed above.I don't drive it much but I went for a drive sunday morning.As I was going down the road,it started to miss a little.As I kept driving,the engine started to stall a little and than it shut down.I tried to restart the truck but it would only crank but no start.I had my son pull me to the house.I could hear the fuel pump running. The truck did start the next morning.I checked the water level in the Rad.and it was very low,including the reservoir.It took 2 full gallons of water and still not full.I than said,this is not right.I than checked the oil and the oil was very milky.Darn it,I said bad head gasket,cracked heads,or cracked block.I have a Lisle combustion leak detector and ran a test on the engine.I Ran the engine for about 15 minutes and the fluid in the tube stayed Blue,never changed to yellow or any color.The temperture gauge never showed hot,it barely reached half.So,I need some tips or suggestions on what the problem may be.Is there other things that can cause water in the oil besides what I mentioned here.If I had a blown gasket or anything else,don't you think the truck would be running very hot? Thanks for your help.Sorry for the long post.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.532 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 10:03 AM