Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Industries
American Auto Wire
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: My '39 Master Deluxe Coupe
1971BB427 
Contributor

Loc: Portland,Or
Reg: 12-06-09
02-26-20 04:33 PM - Post#2787401    
    In response to 1971BB427

Another gorgeous day here in the great NW! I did the final fitting on my hood, and then painted the inside gloss black. I adjusted my front hood pins to match the bracket I mounted inside the hood and locked them in. I added a flat bar to the back side of the top grille plate, just to ensure it was very solid, and strong.

Also added a double plate to the bracket inside, as it's narrow and I wanted it to be thicker.

Did a weld on each end of the double plate, and a few tacks on the edge. That should make it plenty strong.
Once I got the hood and pin setup done I bent up brackets to mount the electric fan. It came with those cheap wire ties that you push through your radiator, and I've had issues with those breaking, or damaging the core. So I prefer mounting it slightly off the radiator and hooked to metal near the radiator. The grille mounting bolts were a good spot to attach brackets, and keep them short.

I also sanded the exhaust pipes between the header collector, and the cutouts, and then shot this part satin black VHT. The pipes are kinda out there, and they detract from the look, so I think the satin black makes them blend in better.

1969 Suburban 2wd 350
1939 Chevy passenger coupe
1937 Austin gasser 327/TH350

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.213 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 10:20 PM