Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
American Auto Wire Classic Industries
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: 55 Chevy is wrecked!
wagonman100 
Super Senior Member
wagonman100
Loc: Baltimore, MD
Reg: 11-27-04
01-04-20 01:53 PM - Post#2783686    
    In response to 1956chevy

Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope everything goes okay for you. I won’t flame the person responsible, accidents happen. I can’t say I’m sorry they do since I do bodywork for a living. I can tell you to protect your interests. Have as much documentation as possible to determine a fair value for you car. They will try to lowball you at every turn. A lot of companies do still have adjusters, but they don’t know what they are looking at on modern cars, much less classics. I had a girl hit my ‘78 El Camino years ago and they wanted to total it and said it had a value of $2,300.00 because I used it as a daily driver. My El Camino has a tri-color custom paint job with one of the colors being a pearl. It has shaved door handles and tons of custom body work. It has a fuel injected 355, 700R-4, 9 inch rear, 4 wheel discs and custom wheels. I finally got them to value it higher and give me a fair amount of money to fix it and not have it total.

They will lowball you on medical expenses, current and future as well as pain and suffering. You know your body best. If you feel you will recover completely from your injuries, then you don’t need to be concerned about money for future medical expenses. But if you think you will have problems down the road, make sure you get enough money to cover it.
Jay
Friends don’t let friends drive Fords.

1999 Silverado Z71 4X4 extra-cab short bed
1983 Malibu Fauxmad - tubbed
1978 El Camino Kustomized
1972 Monte Carlo
1957 210 handyman wagon
1957 Nomad sport wagon
1957 Cameo Carrier

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.428 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 09:40 PM