Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Industries
American Auto Wire
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: No Start Issue - Can anyone diagnose?
RAM_51 
"4th Year" Silver Supporting Member
RAM_51
Loc: Yakima, WA. USA
Reg: 12-28-02
11-02-19 01:47 AM - Post#2779344    
    In response to 89RS98Z28

I don't really remember the sequence of lights etc. I did down load an instruction sheet from the internet where you were to reset the system by turning the ignition to on and waiting for the Security Light to go out, waiting another length of time, trying to start it again and a bunch of the waiting periods. Long story short, it did not work. So to answer your question, the security light was on with the ignition to the on position...yes. And after about 9 minutes, it would go out on its own volition.

The car is now sitting outside and getting water in the cylinders, It has a new battery and new starter. It operated perfectly for about a month but now the horn has a tendency to go off by itself usually at about 4 am...so I disconnected them. Yesterday I learned the new battery is dead....not even a whimper. I've learned that the 3800 had a problem with the upper and lower intake gaskets and at a EGR area of the gasket. I'm sure 2 new gaskets would solve the water in the cylinders issue. I'm just not feeling really comfortable with the freaky electrical issues with the car.
1951 Fleetline Preservation
'51 Fleetline DeLuxe 2 DOOR SEDAN (Fathom Green)
'51 Styleline Special BUSINESS COUPE (Shadow Gray)
'53 6500 Dump Bed (Oxidized Red)
'50 Styleline DeLuxe 4 DOOR SEDAN (Mist Green)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.332 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 07:12 AM