Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
American Auto Wire Classic Industries
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: Perplexed
junky 
Valued Contributor

Loc: Northeast CT
Reg: 06-27-10
05-20-19 03:15 PM - Post#2766822    
    In response to pvs409

I called Classis Industries, and asked them about this door weather seal. what I learned is that the part number for the front door is W**** and the rear door is W2009. I explained your problem to the sales person, and he suggested that you return them within the 30 day return period for a refund, the reason is "wrong part". They have to be in original condition and be resalable. He was unable to give me the manufacturers name of the rubber.
It was obvious that he was just an order taker, and didn't know much more about the parts that they are selling except for what is in their catalog. So much so, that even though I gave him the body style information a couple of times, he still didn't get the correct part number for the front door of your car! Then I decided to take a look at the "featured vendors", and I saw OER listed. Being a detective, I went to the OER website, only to see that the website was identical to the Classic Industries website. At this point, I have given up on Classic Industries being of any additional help for your problem.
I also called a friend that sells reproduction parts, and he recalls the plastic plugs, but doesn't know if he has them available. When I hear back from him, I will let you know.
I also contacted Rubber the Right Way, and they also sell the weather strips, and their front door weather-strip is made by Precision, and the rear door is made by Metro.
My best advise is to return what you have, and not buy any until you have assurances that what you get will work.
Junky
Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.089 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 08:21 PM