Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
American Auto Wire Classic Industries
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: shocks and body mounts
alpinecrick 
Poster

Loc: Western Slope of Colorado
Reg: 07-11-17
04-10-19 05:07 PM - Post#2764008    
    In response to 7echo

New shocks--especially truck shocks--don't necessarily make the ride less stiff--if anything they can make the ride stiffer because they can slow down spring compression. Shocks slow down rebound which can make the ride less "bouncy".

I replaced worn out Bilsteins with KYB's on one of my GMT400's and it didn't help at all. A couple years later I put new Bilsteins on and the truck had a LOT better control. But it didn't make the ride any more cushy. My experience and others I have talked to, Bilsteins are the shocks to have on the GMT400's. Ranchos are good but historically they have a short lifespan. Maybe they have improved their longevity since the newer GM trucks with offroad packages now come with Ranchos.

Body mounts can certainly make a difference. Polyurethane bushings are nice but they can squeak or groan a bit. I have Energy Suspension poly bushings in the A-arms of my 96 K1500 and when it's cold out they groan until they warm up from being flexed. On rare occasion I hear the poly cab mounts make noise.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.669 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 11:32 AM