Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
American Auto Wire Classic Industries
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: Still here...but on trans #6
AngieWeaver 
Contributor
AngieWeaver
Loc: NorthEastern WA
Reg: 07-16-13
03-05-19 02:15 PM - Post#2761385    
    In response to TAT_2

Rcr yeah that would make me very happy. Lol. They only covered the first one. The rest we have had to buy and do the labor. We are getting pretty efficient at it. Lol. In 2017 we did the rearend in may then the trans blew the next week. Lol so we had to wait til july for the new one. Then that one blew in october and we got the new one in november and installed it. I wasnt happy about those long hours...lol i tell you what though...it has helped us learn the car. We have done most of our own mods too...except the nitrous spray bars installed in the blower and the blower porting and the tuning. We are still old school. Lol. The nova is our level of tech...lol jk.
I dont really think anyone will make the 8l90 much better because of the success of the 10 speeds. I know we have put ours through some extreme conditions. I still cant believe the motor has held up so well. That many passes at that power level on a stock motor. The only thing we have had off motor is the blower when it was sent to nitrous outlet and jokerz performance. That says a lot about the lt4. We have been at 800-900whp and wtq since beginning of 2016...a lot of hard driving on road course and dragstrip. The last pass it ran the lingenfelter timing retard box didnt retard any and was supposed to retard 5°. ...and the tuner had it on kill timing wise. It melted tips off 6 plugs with a 180 nitrous shot...and still ran (but threw a random misfire code. Lol. Ya think? Lol). The very next pass was when the trans blew this last time. That pass was a 10.12 and it slipped second and third gears bad. Ugh
Hoping to take it to the colorado mile this year and see what it can do with room to stretch.
1951 Business Coupe
1957 Chevy 3100 project
1973 Camaro type LT
2003 GMC 2500 8.1L4X4
2016 3500 Silverado Duramax
2015 Corvette Z06 DSOM w/kalahari brown
2013 Caprice PPV
Mopars and a few parts cars
http://www.AmericanClassicMetalPicke rs.com

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.214 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 06:36 PM