Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
American Auto Wire Classic Industries
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: complete electrical shut down
japete92 
"5th Year" Silver Supporting Member
japete92
Loc: No. Virginia
Reg: 01-18-13
02-21-19 08:48 AM - Post#2760415    
    In response to pvs409

• pvs409 Said:
Junky is right on the small jumper wire (less than 6 inches long)for the seat to connect to the circuit breaker.
I have one on my 62 Impala Hardtop that has a power seat.

Junky and Paul,

I REALLY appreciate y'alls help. You all offer sage advice.

I'm hesitant to connect the seat to the existing circuit breaker and wiring (as you recommend) because the car's power seat installation was not done as GM would have done it. And, I've not verified exactly how it was done (other than a separate power wire was run directly from the + battery post).

Would not there have to be a wire run from the seat motor to within 6" of the breaker for your recommendation to work? I do not have such a wire. I only have the wiring associated with a power convertible top behind my kick panel.

If I could pull the seat out (20 years ago I would have), I could turn it upside down, assess what I have, and what I need to change. I could re-wire the seat the way GM did. Today I would have to pay someone to do that.

That's a bunch of $ to throw at the topic. Re-using the existing ('wrong') wiring for the seat, but adding another circuit breaker in that line is something I can do. In my very inexperienced mind, that's electrically equivalent to the GM installation. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Pete

Edited by japete92 on 02-21-19 08:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.089 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 07:46 PM