Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
American Auto Wire Classic Industries
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: HEI question....
raycow 
DECEASED
raycow
Loc: San Francisco, CA
Reg: 11-26-02
10-05-18 12:55 PM - Post#2747921    
    In response to MoboMac

• MoboMac Said:
.....I'm curious to know what symptom/issues...would be caused by retaining the stock small gauge wire...

I have never needed heavier wiring on any of my installs. There shouldn't be any issues with the stock gauge wiring as long as the installation was done properly, but note that stock gauge is not the same thing as the stock WIRE, which is a resistance wire that should definitely not be used for the HEI.

Now as for your car, which I don't presently know anything about, here is how to find out. Connect a multimeter (set on volts) to the 12V input terminal on your HEI. Start the engine and rev it up enough to make sure the alternator is charging. Note what voltage reading you are showing and then disconnect the meter from the HEI and connect it to any convenient point where you can get a battery voltage reading with the engine running at the same speed. Please post both numbers.

Ray
Those who choose an automatic transmission want transportation. Those who choose a manual transmission want to drive.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.118 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 09:52 PM