Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!
Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
American Auto Wire Classic Industries
Join the Community todayDanchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomEcklers AutoMotive
Nu-Relics Power Windows
Impala Bob's Bob's Chevy Trucks Bob's Chevelle Parts Bob's Classic Chevy

Ecklers AutoMotive
Username Post: Trunk lid manufacturers
57convert 
Infrequent Contributer
57convert
Loc: Maryland
Reg: 01-28-07
03-25-18 09:01 AM - Post#2728862    
    In response to Bad56Sedan

Gentleman, thanks for all of the replies. As everyone can see, just making the decision to purchase one part for our cars can be a daunting task! Whew

In my first post, I asked for opinions about fit/quality/price of the trunk lids that are currently on the market. Well, after doing the research and getting those opinions from guys who have actually installed the new lids, I’ve decided to buy the USA made trunk lid from C.A.R.S..
I will have to pick it up at the Spring Carlisle Show, but will get the “show price” which will save me a little more $$$.

I’m not trying to stir up the argument about USA vs Foriegn made, and I’m NOT saying that the foreign lids are bad! Im just saying, from the percentage of folks that I talked to, the C.A.R.S. trunk lid has the quality and fit that I’m looking for. The price is definitely higher than the foreign lids, but the opinions of quality and fit outweigh that for me. As the saying goes, “opinions are like butts, everyone has one”, right?

Bad56Sedan, could you follow up on how you like/dislike your new trunk lid once you get it installed? I will do the same along with some pictures of the install/quality/fit of the my new lid. Hopefully, we can help the next guy with their purchase decision.

Thanks again!

Don
57 Chevy Convertible (doing frame-off resto)
I Luv'er topless!!!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.109 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 11:46 AM