Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!
Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
American Auto Wire Classic Industries
Chevs of the 40sDanchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomEcklers AutoMotive
Nu-Relics Power Windows
Impala Bob's Bob's Chevy Trucks Bob's Chevelle Parts Bob's Classic Chevy

Username Post: got a 70 ss now
overdrive 
overdrive
Loc: N.E. Mo
Reg: 02-17-03
07-26-16 08:05 PM - Post#2641949    
    In response to overdrive

Hello again to all!

I haven't posted here for a long while. Progress has been slow. Too many other things going on to be able to spend as much time on the car as I'd like, but I certainly haven't stopped on it. Alot of the smaller projects are now done. Also, I've gotten the frame blasted and powder coated, along with just about everything else under the car. Suspension parts, bumper brackets, etc. I've blocked out all panels at least once and I recently shot a couple more coats of primer/surfacer.

I've gotten a stainless gas tank, stainless fuel lines and brake lines, stainless parking brake cable set, and the trans cooler lines.

After putting the motor and transmission back on the frame, along with the stainless American Racing Headers, I made some cuts on the Magnaflow stainless exhaust, then TIG welded some of the joints and got the mufflers hung. If you haven't noticed, I really like stainless steel parts and powder coating. I want this car to last a long time.

I also put the front suspension back together.
Since the frame is not the original, I put the body on it to be able to reinstall the doors, fenders, etc., to check for alignment issues.

Dan

http://www.picturetrail.com/57overdrive
'57 Belair Sport Coupe restored
'57 Nomad w/mild restoration
'57 Delray w/28K mi. unrestored
'71 Monte, restored
'70 Monte SS 454, L.A. built, restoration has begun

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.084 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 02:14 PM