Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!
Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
American Auto Wire Classic Industries
Join the Community todayDanchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomEcklers AutoMotive
Nu-Relics Power Windows
Impala Bob's Bob's Chevy Trucks Bob's Chevelle Parts Bob's Classic Chevy

Username Post: Please test your parking brake.
Anonymous 

01-29-05 01:25 AM - Post#253491    
    In response to Fixitfox33

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
if it's the transmission's job how can you do that with a standard transmission?

Umm...most of us with standard trannies put it in gear when we park. I don't know of anyone who parks in neutral with the parking brake the only device preventing gravity from taking over.

Was this a trick question?

Hmmm.
I have a standard transmission, and using that logic, I would need to pull up to a gate, for example, set my parking brake, KILL the engine, put it in gear, get out and open the gate, get in and drive through the gate, set the parking brake, put it in gear, KILL the engine, get out and close the gate, get back in and start.....

Aint that a bunch of crap???

I depend on my PARKING BRAKE to hold the vehicle, even on a fairly steep slope.

Good thing I don't have one of those new vehicles. I am generally a pretty loving, understanding, forgiving person. But I think I would be in somebodies face if they gave me that kind of answer.

FIX

Thank you fixitfox33 I was wondering if any of the other people who were giving me crap about my post ( talking about glove boxes?) had ever driven a standard transmission!!

Glad to see someone understands why we have a parking brake!!

Here in Vermont we start our cars and trucks to warm them up ( it was -20 yesterday) and I don't see a chunk of wood in any of the new chevys on the lot!!!!
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.09 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 08:54 AM