Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
American Auto Wire Classic Industries
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: 56 Nomad New Gas Tank Issue
nomadmangizmo 
Contributor
nomadmangizmo
Loc: Houston,Texas
Reg: 09-16-04
06-08-13 01:43 PM - Post#2353226    

I bought a new gas tank several months ago for my 56 Nomad but havent been able to install it because of ....well stuff. I had removed the old original tank several times and patched it and sealed it but it finally needed to go. I didn't have any issues dropping it as before but putting the new one in ............oh my goodness. After a few modifications with a 2x4 and hammer, it was in.(no mods were done anywhere close to the tank inlet only at the top of the tank..and it doesn't even show ha ha) Now it looks like my gas tank filler tube shrunk a bit. I can't for the life of me get the filler tube all the way inside the tank inlet. At the 8-10 o'clock position, the O ring on the filler neck is partly exposed. Any body else had this issue? I am pretty sure I can grind some of filler tube mounting bracket off that is close to and mounts on the frame but I'm not sure that is going to be enough to get the filler neck inside the tank. How far in does the filler neck need to be inside the tank inlet?

Thanks
Russell
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.257 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 09:00 PM