Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Industries
American Auto Wire
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: Help me identify 700r4?
Brian C 

Loc: Nampa, Idaho
Reg: 12-19-05
11-18-09 12:09 PM - Post#1808099    
    In response to brian73

I don't have that number listed but in 1987 the numbers started with 8663589 so yours is most likely older than that. Probably a 1986 model. As for what it came out of you can get close by looking at the case, tail shaft housing and speedo gear. If it has a tranny mount on the tail shaft housing it is probably from a Camaro or Firebird. If it has a K on the top of the case at the bellhousing it is from a 4x4. If the parts of the case where the flywheel cover mounts are cut off flush with the sides of the bellhousing and do not stick out past there then it is from an S10. ALso what type of speedo connection it has can tell you a bit but I am not up on those.

By looking at the pan you can tell if it is a 86 or older or 87 or newer. The 87 has an auxilliary valve body and requires a pan that is .040" deeper. This pan also has a four indentations near the back of the pan that are the four corners of a square. One of those corners is smaller than the others. If the pan does not have those marks then it is a 86 or older. Also if it has a 27 spline input shaft then it is a 84 or older. A 30 spline input makes it 85 or later. Hope this helps.
79 Pinto wagon (sold the Neon, I am now mopar free)
94 Safari Van awd
79 Mustang, turbo 4
89 Mustang ragtop,
36 chevy cab (intended to be a 4x4 rat rod someday)
Really, really want another ElCamino.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.137 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 10:40 AM