Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Nu-Relics Power Windows
American Auto Wire Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & Custom
Danchuk Catalog

Username Post: Camaro TPI into 93 Van
racprops 

Loc: Phoenix AZ
Reg: 09-08-09
03-28-20 12:57 PM - Post#2789649    

Here is what I am building, a low RPM 383, to have its torque peek at 2000 RPMs. It is for a custom 93 Chevy van and I will be doing things to get the engine cursing at 80MPH at 1700 RPMs. Either a add on second Over Drive, or 6L80 with a special rear end with a possi and 2:41 gears.

I am running the stock 193 heads, a stock 1990 Caddy 350 roller cam that does that.

And a stock 88 Corvette TPI with new 22LBS Injectors.

My aim is for the best POSSIBLE MPG in a big G20 Van.

I was going to run a MAF TPI system with the 1227165 PCM. In fact I got 4 of them, two with the VAT removed. And four MAFs.

But as I have learned the Lean Burn Cruse or highway Mode is in almost all PCMs, it just in some cases just needs to be turned on. So I do not need the 165 Old PCM.

SO at this time I am looking into using a factory TBI PCM to run my Van’s new engine with a TPI system.

This leads me to a number of questions I am hoping to find here:

I find that the 16186695 PCM in my 93 Van is a one year PCM, WHY?? I am betting it had problems. I replaced it once and carry a spair.

So is there a better PCM like a 94 or 95 that if not a direct replacement can be easy swap with a few repinings??

IF I can have my cake and eat it too I would like to hook up my current PCM as it was/is a known running system and then break in my newly rebuilt 383. Then I can do the replacement PCM etc.

So what I need to know is how to add the three more or four injectors total per output for a TPI intake to a standard TBI PCM system in place of its 2 big injectors, making the system a true Batch fired system.

And how to reprogram the Medcal (eprom) to run this 1993 OBDI PCM to run a TPI set of injectors.

Perhaps I can run an eprom for a 12277165 PCM? The only problem maybe that my 165s are all MAF systems?? So I could I use a eprom from a MAP system?

As I see it I need two things: Some kind of a stronger transistors or an interface adaptor between the Vans current PCM and the four injectors per injector outputs to handle the load, and a programed eprom to run the TPI injectors.

The only sensor that might be off is the TPI throttle Position Sensor, it might have a different value.

Thanks for any help anyone is willing to share.

Rich

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.18 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 05:21 PM