Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Industries
American Auto Wire
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: Cylinder Head Ground
go_hercules 
Contributor

Reg: 10-27-16
02-22-20 12:38 PM - Post#2787057    
    In response to go_hercules

UPDATE. In my earlier post I mentioned that I had tricked the PCM into thinking it was colder to force more fuel at startup. I also mentioned it did not help the problem. Well today I tried it again but instead of making the temp super cold, like 0 degrees F, this time I made it about 50 degrees F. This is after a good drive, and letting it sit 45 minutes. I checked the scan tool, and it said the coolant temp was 180, so I put the potentiometer in place of the coolant sensor and the scan tool said 50 degrees. Fired it up and it ran smooth with no surging. The idle was very high, I guess as expected. So does this maybe confirm that I have low fuel pressure when hot soaked? After I did this, I re-connected the coolant sensor and it fired up and ran perfectly as I described before. So why would it need the extra fuel, then once cranked, it doesn't need it 1 minute later? Was even thinking a fuel relay problem, in that when hot and oil pressure low, the oil pressure switch is not taking over a faulty relay, whereas it would when it had better oil pressure. Is that a stretch? Could I jumper the relay and start and run it that way to rule out a relay problem?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.178 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 11:48 PM