Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Industries
American Auto Wire
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: 55 Chevy is wrecked!
Tri5man 
Valued Contributor
Tri5man
Loc: Possums Crotch, KY
Reg: 06-26-07
12-21-19 02:19 PM - Post#2782624    
    In response to 5Larry7

My wife, dog and myself were on a perfectly straight 55 MPH road with a green traffic light about 1/ 8 of a mile ahead. Thought to my myself that light might turn red before we got there and was on alert. Well it never turned red it remained green. Just as we got below the traffic light a car going right to left appeared in front of us. I never even had a chance to put on my brakes and T Boned him. Both air bags went off and our horn came on and stayed on. I would have bet money I had a several broken ribs as I could hardly breath. My wife was really shaken up and our Labrador Retriever Maggie got out of the car and was running down the highway dodging in and out of cars.
The Florida State Police showed up along with several ambulances. A Trooper told me to get in an ambulance, I told him not until I run down my dog which I did and asked a store owner to watch her until I could get one of my neighbors to come get her. I also realized the Trooper probably never owned a dog. My wife and I were then transported to the hospital in separate ambulances.
Most traffic accidents occurr as the lights are changing. This one never changed.
To this day, I have no idea what this other driver was doing while going through a red light after stopping for the light for minutes. On the phone, texting, who knows. As this was a very busy intersection there were all kinds of witnesses who saw him go through the steady red light. Also several other cars were damaged in all this. He was ticketed by the State Police.
Don't know about where you live but where we are theres always Personal Injury Attorneys on TV offering their services.
Accidents get messy I think I recieved a bill from every hospital employee except the janitor. Was even tripled billed by one of the ambulances.
As the driver who caused the accident was obviously at fault I decided to us one of these attorney's. You have to pay them 1/3 of the total amount you receive. I figured 1/3 of something is better the 100% of nothing. As I said before accidents are messy, you get bills from everywhere. The attorney took care of all the paper work and we were very satisfied with the insurance settlement. I'd recommend one of these attroneys to sought out all the bills and details.
Fortunately we were in a large Lexus SUV which was totaled. Can't imagine what would have happened if we were in a small sedan.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.141 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 10:23 AM