Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!
Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
American Auto Wire Classic Industries
Join the Community todayDanchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomEcklers AutoMotive
Nu-Relics Power Windows
Impala Bob's Bob's Chevy Trucks Bob's Chevelle Parts Bob's Classic Chevy

Ecklers AutoMotive
Username Post: AC recomendations for 72 C10
49erman 
Poster

Loc: So Cal Lower Desert
Reg: 01-02-18
05-05-19 04:47 PM - Post#2765781    
    In response to doubleE

• doubleE Said:
Funny! Just returned from AZ (Sedona and Grand Canyon) and appreciate the desert dry heat, here in Minnesota in the summer months it's very common to have temps in the 80s and 90s, even breaking 100 sometimes and super humid! It's the humidity that kills me. Growing up here in the 50s and 60s I'm not sure how we survived with only wing vents and windows down but I do remember some mighty uncomfortable family vacations with everyone hot and crabby .
To the point, there are many days here in the summer where I would like to drive the pickup but elect to drive my daily driver with the AC. Getting soft in my old age.
Eric

I agree humidity does S U C K. Here in the lower desert (palm springs area) humidity is compounded by all the "Golf Courses" with there lakes/ponds and there heavily watered grass. Yes I do also drive my daily a/c driver but will also not use the a/c form time to time. All my/our families vacations was in a Cadillac so we were quite comfortable. Good luck with finding/getting the kind of A/c you want. Just about a year ago I rescued a 72 C10 (cab only)from the Crusher having all its factory a/c components but ended up selling it, could have probably helped you if you wanted all factory stuff.
Marvin aka 49erman

PS, I also have almost a full wood working shop too play in for my retired days.

Edited by 49erman on 05-06-19 12:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.078 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 06:22 AM