Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
American Auto Wire Classic Industries
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: Cruise Control options
jnd1211 
Poster

Reg: 11-05-18
12-21-18 04:04 PM - Post#2755228    
    In response to Stinky

Just recently became a member so I apologize for the untimelyness of this post. My Dad and I installed a Rostra Universal Cruise Control kit on his 69 C20 when we restored it between 2003 and 2005. We also ordered their switch, which replaced the oem lever perfectly. Had to cut a small amount section out of the bottom of the existing hole that the lever fits through under the steering wheel to run the switch wires through, but the cut can’t be seen from the drivers seat.

If you are running a 700r4, Rostra has a signal generator that can be installed between the speedometer gear housing and the cable, instead of using magnets on the driveshaft. The cruise control works exceptionally well.

The only “problem” I would suggest addressing immediately is to also install a five pin relay when the kit is installed. The relay information is found within the installation troubleshooting instructions that come with the kit and can also be accessed online. The relay serves to ensure the module is receiving a solid ground signal at all times while the unit is engaged. The relay is not included with the kit, but is required if LED taillight bulbs are used; and recommended by Rostra techs if you begin having engagement issues with the unit.

Edited by jnd1211 on 12-21-18 04:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.182 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 01:27 PM