Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
American Auto Wire Classic Industries
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: DAD'S 72 CAMARO
Ray1999Z71 
Forum Newbie
Ray1999Z71
Loc: Taylorsville KY
Reg: 04-11-17
04-23-17 06:56 AM - Post#2687889    

All,
12+ years ago I had an account on this forum, and was active restoring a 1970 Chevelle with Dad. Fast forward to today. The chevelle got sold, life happened, I got married, had kids, struggled, move out of state, etc etc. Well, 4 years ago I moved back because I missed my dad a lot. We spent the last four years doing a lot together. Best decision I ever made was moving my family back here. March 31st 2016 my big sister suddenly got sick, and two weeks later died from cancer. She didn't know what hit her. Almost 1 year later, on March 25th 2017, my father died from a sudden heart attack.

The past year has been extremely difficult, especially for mom. But we are here taking care of her.

I tell you this, because after big Sis passed, dad and I admitted that life was short, and that it was time to build another car. We purchased a really rough 72 Camaro from a friend of his. All we got around to doing was taking a short trip to Cincinnati and purchasing a set of Z28 wheels that had original beauty rings and center caps nearly mint.

This thread is dedicated to the memory of my father. This thread will chronicle with photos and video, the restoration of Dad's Camaro.

The idea is to build the car as close to the 70 that he had in high school in the late 70's.

Photos and more to come. Thanks for subscribing and following this thread. I hope it inspires you to take care of yourselves, and spend more time wrenching with your sons and daughters.

Ray
Dad always said "It'll be aight!"

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.117 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 10:57 PM