Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!

Classic Performance Products Classic Industries
American Auto Wire
Danchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomNu-Relics Power Windows

Username Post: Vintage Texas Plates (all topics combined)
occupant 
occupant
Loc: Columbus, OH
Reg: 07-11-03
04-04-11 04:18 AM - Post#2071631    
    In response to alecponting

Time to put up or shut up with these.

You won't be able to do this anymore with "Classic" registration. You have until September 1st of this year to get clean readable matching plates and get classic tags (requires inspection, no restriction on driving). You can still do antique registration. Law text as originally written (effective through 9-1-11)

Sec. 504.501. CLASSIC MOTOR VEHICLES. (a) The department shall issue specialty license plates for a motor vehicle that is at least 25 years old. The license plates must include the words "Classic Auto," "Classic Motorcycle," or "Classic Truck" or a similar designation, as appropriate.

(b) A person eligible for the license plates may instead use license plates that were issued by this state in the same year as the model year of the vehicle and are approved by the department. The department may require the attachment of a registration insignia to the license plate in a manner that does not affect the display of information originally on the license plate.

(c) The fee for issuance or approval of license plates under this section is $15.

Added by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1320, Sec. 6, eff. Sept. 1, 2003.

Amended by:

Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 1136, Sec. 32, eff. September 1, 2011.

The amended text will become effective 9-1-11 and anyone who hasn't done the YOM registration will not be able to do so:

Text of section effective on September 01, 2011

Sec. 504.501. CLASSIC MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAVEL TRAILERS. (a) The department shall issue specialty license plates for a motor vehicle that is at least 25 years old. The license plates must include the word "Classic" or a similar designation, as appropriate.
(b) A person eligible for the license plates may instead use license plates that were issued by this state in the same year as the model year of the vehicle and are approved by the department if the plates are approved for the vehicle before January 1, 2011. The department may require the attachment of a registration insignia to the license plate in a manner that does not affect the display of information originally on the license plate.
(c) There is no fee for issuance or approval of license plates under this section.

Added by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1320, Sec. 6, eff. Sept. 1, 2003.
Amended by:
Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 1136, Sec. 32, eff. September 1, 2011.

I'm looking for '75-'76 plates starting with N or P myself. NHE245 is on eBay but I also found a set that says AMY107 and my wife's name is Amy so I do believe I'm going to go with that even though they don't QUITE match my Torino (built in 7/76 originally sold 11/76 could be N or P-reg)
Alan Moore - TOAD Towing - Columbus, OH

14 Altima 2.5S, storm blue, 2.5L/CVT, 29K
00 Suburban LS 4x2, white, 5.3L/auto, 250K

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.11 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 04:30 AM