The progress so far is ,that now I have a working A/C and heater. While the A/C shop had the front end off to replace the condenser, I took the grille home, removed the tarnished chrome strips, and painted the grille semi-flat black.
The engine has an HEI distributor and the wiring was from the old points system ( maybe 18 ga.), I replaced it with a 10 ga. wire from the fuse box directly to the dizzy and changed the plugs. What a difference that made!! a proper tune-up on the carb and I now have a much better performing car.
I also discovered that the fuel pump was leaking and not providing enough gas to keep up with the demands of the 383 stroker engine. I have the pump on hand and when the weather a ( and my damn sinuses ) cooperate I will install it. More later!! I have the parts for the interior and a new radio and speakers to install.
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE BABY BLUE T-SHIRT BROTHERHOOD