Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!
Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
Ciadella InteriorsAmerican Auto Wire Classic Industries
Chevs of the 40sDanchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomEcklers AutoMotive
Nu-Relics Power Windows
Impala Bob's Bob's Chevy Trucks Bob's Chevelle Parts Bob's Classic Chevy

Username Post: Timing issues
malibu27 
Forum Newbie
malibu27
Loc: Harrisonburg
Reg: 03-15-15
01-01-18 08:56 PM - Post#2719739    
    In response to IgnitionMan

• IgnitionMan Said:
Just whom do you think "Dave the ignition guy" is?

Try "IgnitionMan". Why the special email for the vacuum advance info? Well, a whole lot of people that always recommend their pals for services in topics, got the impression I was "advertising" for my products, when that was the furthest thing from my intentions. As you can see in the info, that is purely to get the vacuum advance correct, no ads anywhere. So, I set up the pictures and instructions email to get the vacuum advance info out, without all the tearful crying, and false accusations.

Hope you take a close look at the info. Should help, it has for everyone that has done it.

Please outline the PCV system you had, valve from one valve cover to vacuum fitting on the carb, other side has a free open inlet hose, air filter base to valve cover, I hope. Because if there ISN'T an inlet for fresh air into the engine, the suction will suck the pan dry

Haha, I figured it was you but didn't want to imply. The PCV system I had was a cheap 90* PCV valve connected directly to the bottom of the carb. No vent on the other valve cover. Probably why it sucked the pan dry. The so-called professional mechanic that dyno-tuned the truck took the PCV valve off and vented the crankcase to atmosphere. I guess that's a no no.

I found this PCV valve. Although pretty pricy, what do you think? Necessary or not?

http://mewagner.com/?p=444
'83 chevy K20, 383, Scat Crank, Comp Cams 08-408-8, Etec 170's, sm465
'97 chevy 1500 Silverado, 350, 4L60E

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.202 seconds.   Total Queries: 10   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 10:15 AM