Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!
Silver
Gold ***Platinum***
andylee32Boosted54 DOC396 (9)blue56 (12)pistol (13)
Gremlin (3)bobyone4dad (2)PLS (3)55sedanman50Ragtop (6)
MoboMac (3)jrogers885 (3)
longboard (6) jel1957 (6)
Rick Dorion (2)
Bowtie Crazy (5)
nauta (9)
cyclops (3)fonc (2)
Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
Ciadella Interiors American Auto Wire Art Morrison.com
Exile® Battery Keeper™ 6/12 volt charger w/ LED battery monitor
Low priced Genuine GM Auto PartsEcklers AutoMotive
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomClassic Industries
Impala Bob's Bob's Chevy Trucks Bob's Chevelle Parts Bob's Classic Chevy

Join the Community today

Username Post: A education on Spark Plugs
technitom 
Contributor
technitom
Loc: Near Cincinnati, OH
Reg: 12-01-11
02-24-12 04:18 PM - Post#2194840    
    In response to grumpyvette

Grumpyvette - are you throwing things in your threads just to see if I am reading them? because I think I recognize some of those pics in your forum:

http://forum.grumpysperformance.com/viewtopic.php?...

And I want to take a moment to thank you.

YOU, sir, have put forth a tremendous effort to gather info, organize it, and willingly provide it freely to anyone who will take the time to read it.

Knowledge is POWER

The common man seeks knowledge only for themselves and guards that knowledge in order to charge a premium from others for the use of that knowledge.

ONLY a truly wise man shares his knowledge for the betterment of all men.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

I truly see the big picture here, and I greatly appreciate the effort and the lengths you have gone to in order to help others learn not only what to do, but why to do it that way. And you back that information up with tons of references. I really get the "why" and "what" you are doing...

HOWEVER, much to my own dismay, I just do not have the time to read and fully consume a lifetimes worth of material.

I know it may sound like I'm ungrateful. But that could not be further from the truth. I feel like I am the one who is unworthy of your time and your consideration.

And yet the smartass in me just has to ask... why couldnt he simply say, "those carbs are notorious for floats being outa whack and it makes you idle too rich, check that first, then set your initial timing. Run each mixture screws in until it bogs then use the vacuum gauge T'd into to the manifold and SLOWLY adjust the mixture screw out until you get it to max vacuum pressure, then adjust the other side the same way. Remember to keep an eye on your idle rpms and adjust to keep idle around 800. continue fine tuning each side slightly until you reach max vacuum. remember to take you time, and give those slight adjustment time to settle in...." then point out the direct links pertaining to that subject? (not a 100,000 things to know about tuning any carb ever manufactured)

And grumpy, please dont get me wrong, I would give just about anything to be able to hang out with you on a small block build...

I simply just DON'T have the time...

My wife and kids always come first, then the rest of my family, then usually my friends, but almost always lastly, is myself.

So when I do have time to go online for a few minutes and check the forum, help where I can, then ask my own questions and for some advice, maybe also use that online time to socialize a bit with people that have a common passion...

I dont necessarily need or want to hear "IVE posted extensive links with detailed info on those questions" and followed with an encyclopedia of information coughed out like a hairball...

And then there is that little time I actually do get to putter with my truck, trying make the most out of what I've got...

So that some day, if and when the stars are properly aligned, I get that tiny moment, that is left over, just for me..... I can just enjoy my toy.

But hey, I could be completely wrong here, and my views and priorities may be completely askew?
I could be making something out of nothing?
I could just be taking it the wrong way, after all your handle is grumpyvette? Maybe mine should be GrouchyAss?

And what the hell... while I'm ranting, hang this on your dart board...

Words are a lot like toothpaste... Once its out of the tube,
there's no getting it back in...

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.093 seconds.   Total Queries: 10   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 05:25 AM