Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!
Silver
Gold ***Platinum***
50chev1067 (2)Don H (5)Runningon6zonk2ajoda (6)
ShoeboxTOMD45 buscobill
1963SBHD (4)Dean50 (8)Backyardbuild jumbojim (3)
InkaholicMike (3)
Classic Performance Products
Ciadella Interiors American Auto Wire Art Morrison.com
Exile® Battery Keeper™ 6/12 volt charger w/ LED battery monitor
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & Custom
Impala Bob's Bob's Chevy Trucks Bob's Chevelle Parts Bob's Classic Chevy

>> Switch to Mobile Version <<

Join the Community today
New ** Easy eBay Search Tool

Username Post: Installing Jag front end under 53
53Chevy 
"5th Year" Silver Supporting Member
53Chevy
Loc: Davenport, IA
Reg: 02-18-04
01-30-12 09:22 PM - Post#2185436    
    In response to Rickomatic

I got the old front end dropped out of it last night with help of my son-in-law.

As I said before I have to do everything the hard way. My wife says that I can do anything in the garage that I want, but during the winter she has to have a place to park her car in the garage. We only have a two and half car garage. So trying to keep my life as simple as possible I desided to keep the front fender on as long as possible. So I tried to drop the front end down with the fenders loose but still on. I knew I was going to have to take them off when installing the Jag front end. There's not a good place to store the fenders outside so, there for I had to take my wifes parking space in the garage.

Our 49 wedding anniversary is this Wednesday and I'm taking her out to dinner and a movie. Plus, I promise to clean the frost and snow off her windows as long as she has to park it outside. So far everything is good with that little problem.

Anyway, after pulled the fenders off and setting them in her parking spot, it didn't take much time and we had the crossmember out from under it.

Having some type of problem with my camera so no picture tonight. But then there not much to see until Friday when I get the Jag front.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.329 seconds.   Total Queries: 10   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 10:11 AM