Gain extra benefits by becoming a Supporting Member Click here find out how!
Classic Performance Products Classic Parts
Ciadella InteriorsAmerican Auto Wire Classic Industries
Chevs of the 40sDanchuk Catalog
Hellwig Products IncPerformance Rod & CustomEcklers AutoMotive
Nu-Relics Power Windows
Impala Bob's Bob's Chevy Trucks Bob's Chevelle Parts Bob's Classic Chevy

Username Post: Vacuum Advance- how is it supposed to work?
Valued Contributor

Reg: 04-15-05
04-09-10 06:50 PM - Post#1895832    
    In response to C10 Sleeper

I keep everything above board, and public, and I don't really do much with stuff sent to me in private messages, like below.

"Wow! I got shot down! lol Hey, what I posted on there has always worked for me and my stuff has always run pretty good. I'm never closed off for great ideas or actually any ideas, I just never understood why you'd want full vacuum advance at idle. Maybe I'm missing something. Would be nice to sit down with coffee or a beer and toss some stuff around, 'cuz I do listen! What don't you like about those timing lights? If you have your front tab and damper set up at exact TDC, then where would it not work? If I'm missing something and can eek an extra 5hp out of my stuff, tell me! You ever do much with distributor phasing? The old fashioned way of drilling a hole in the cap and watching the rotor swing and making it even from side to side by adding or removing from the vacuum rod? Hope you have a great weekend and hope to talk to you soon. Brad p.s. You don't live in So Cal do you?"

No, I no longer live in So. Cal., I live in No. Nevada. I don't drink beer or coffee. And, YES, I do, do quite a lot of "phasing", as I am a person that does small body HEI conversions to points distributors (I perfected them), for a living. I also worked for Duntov at GM (engine development, includes ignition systems and curves), and, at Holley, and have been a professional mechanic for just at 38 years now, and inventor, etc.

Being a person that does things the right way, I don't have much patience for "runs pretty good". I do more fix it work on "runs pretty good" stuff, and it is getting very, very old.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic
FusionBB™ Version 2.1
©2003-2006 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.26 seconds.   Total Queries: 10   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0800) Pacific. Current time is 02:32 AM